Module 11 aims to teach parents practical life skills where these do not exist. Life skills include budgeting, nutrition, health care, obtaining housing etc.
There are many people who do not have adequate skills to seek out services that may help them meet some of their most basic needs.
Some common areas of need (this is not an exhaustive list) include:
- Financial Planning - budgeting
- Diet/ Nutrition/ Health/ Exercise/ Hygiene
- Employment and Education - Resume writing, cover letters, applying for secondary or tertiary education
- Housing - finding appropriate places to live with children
- Welfare support (forms and entitlements)
- Emergency accommodation
- Dentist/ Medical (bulk billed or government)